Preparation time: 25 min
Cooking time: 35 min
25 cl whole milk
1 half vanilla pod
1 green tea bag
100 g caster sugar
8 pink sweets Flaked almonds
5 cl liquid cream
Pinch of salt
1. Heat the milk in a saucepan over low heat. Split the half-vanilla pod and scrape the seeds with the tip of a knife. Stir in the milk pan including the cored pods. Whisk. Turn off the heat, add the green tea bag and let it steep.
2. Separate the whites from the egg yolks. Put the whites in the refrigerator. Whisk the yolks with half of the sugar. Add a bit of hot milk and vanilla and tea bag, still flogging. When the mixture is unctuous, return all to the pan with the remaining milk. Heat by first mixing with a whisk and then with a spatula gently while making 8 (vanner). When the cream is creamy, it is cooked. Pour 4 tablespoons liquid cream into the mixture to stop cooking. Dispose immediately in a container and reserve in the refrigerator.
3. The Floating Island: Wrap the dragees in a dish towel. Crush them with a hammer and reserve. Recover the egg whites. With the help of an electric mixer, place them in firm snow, incorporating the salt, then gradually, the remaining 50 g of sugar.
4. Cook the egg whites in the microwave for 30 seconds.
5. Collect vanilla and green tea flavored custard and pour into a deep plate at #. Collect the meringue and using two tablespoons, collect and shape well rounded dumplings. Place them on the custard in the soup plate and sprinkle with crushed sugared almonds and almonds. Put the floating island in the refrigerator (maximum 2 hours) Enjoy your meal.
individual shortbread, hammer, electric mixer, gratin dish Tips and tricks Do not whip the meringue excessively, otherwise it will come down again. Put your finger on the meringue to know if it is cooked. To crush dragees (or peppercorns) put them in a towel and hammer.